got me a college girl

in celebration of formal education in the life of the Christian girl

Friday, March 10, 2006

four things meme, cont. (joy)

wish I had something more substantial to contribute. maybe soon. ~ joy

Four Jobs I've Worked
translator's assistant in a french manufacturing firm
wrote/produced videos for a high school french curriculum
language tutor (greek, tesl)
executive editor (right now)

Four Places I've Lived
greenville, south carolina (birth, college)
warsaw/indianapolis/lapel/pendleton, indiana
kremmling, colorado (camp counselor)
rockford, illinois (to date)

Four Vacations I've Taken
winter garden/orlando, florida (epcot and mgm, '90)
mission, texas/reynosa, mexico (another friend's wedding, '96)
sarasota/bradenton, florida (best college friend's wedding '98)
fort collins/kremmling/denver, colorado (friends' wedding, camp visit '04)

Four Vehicles I've Owned Driven
phineas. my '89 beige honda accord (first love)
my brother's safari yellow volvo wagon (in a blizzard)
my pastor's minivan (nerve-wracking! for an airport run)
luther. my '93 black chevy cavalier wagon (currently totalled)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger prairie girl said…

    Joy,

    Any such a lovely picture of your blog of your current set of wheels!

    Our son, Ben, went off into a ditch in our van last Sunday morning. The roads were covered in ice and we are waiting to hear from the insurance company. We fear it is also totalled and I hate the prospect of looking for a new car!

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger TulipGirl said…

    sarasota/bradenton, florida (best college friend's wedding '98)


    Oooh, oooh! Not far from us!

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger joy mccarnan | karagraphy.com said…

    PG...
    you can see a few shots of poor luther if you go here. he's actually in rehab now. we're looking at a homespun sledgehammer-plexiglass fix that might have me up and running in the next month or so.

    TG...
    i know. and i do long to go back. my grandparents are in tallahassee, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home