got me a college girl

in celebration of formal education in the life of the Christian girl

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Just Who Are These Women? (Kristen)

My name is Kristen. I am one of the younger members of this blog as I'll be 24 in just over a month. I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2003. I married Michael in August of 2003, moved to Austin, TX and taught third grade for one year. I retired to stay at home with our sweet daughter Kate who was born last July. Our lives were radically altered when we became parents, in the best of ways, and now we're living in Virginia and expecting Kate's first sibling at Christmas time.

I was raised in a Christian home and have been faithfully trying to live for Christ as long as I can remember. I still chose to attend a large, secular university which was the perfect fit for me. I loved my college years. I had time and space to really think in college. I figured out a lot of important things theologically and philosophically, was able to serve the church body in a variety of ways and learned a lot from both my classes and my experiences and learned a great deal about myself. I am, and will forever be, a faithful Tar Heel fan, but going to Carolina was a lot more than that to me.

Tonight I am off to a local reception for admitted students matriculating to Carolina this fall. I can't wait to meet them, to congratulate them, to give them advice and to go home and pray for them by name, that God will use their time at Carolina to draw them to himself in the ways that he used that experience for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home