got me a college girl

in celebration of formal education in the life of the Christian girl

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Boys vs. Girls (Camille)

Okay – are there different reasons for a boy to attend college than for a girl? Do other people think so? Should there be different reasons? I don’t know that my parents ever told me that there were different reasons for Steve than for me? ::shrug:: Will I tell my son different things than I’ll tell my (Lord willing) daughter? Everybody jokes about the MRS degree. We all giggle at those Becky-Home-Eckies taking Greek among all those potential preacher-boy husbands and making sure their piano skills are in order. ::scratching my head::

5 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger cheezwizlizbiz said…

    Tsk tsk Mollie. You didn't leave your name. :giggle:

    I don't think there are different reasons for boys to go to college. Yes, I do think that "they" think so.

    In the end, those that 'figure out' what I did (that college is about education and bettering yourself, not just a stepping stone to a great career) are all there for the same reason. And I'm sad for all the boys AND girls who never figure that out.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Camille said…

    No, it was me. ::blush::

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger cheezwizlizbiz said…

    Whoops. Sorry. I thought it was Mollie with a brother named Steven.

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger prairie girl said…

    There are brothers, many of them, but none of them named Steven!

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    To answer the question you posed, I believe the reasons *to* go to college are the same for boys vs. girls. However, there may be different motivations behind selecting an actual course of study, based on future life goals that might differ for a man vs woman.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home